Dear Bloggie,
Its finally coming to an end. My Glorious ‘Last-Year-As-a-Teenager-Leave-No-Regrets’ year is disappearing in less than 24 hours, something that was once claimed as the new beginning is now the final digits. ‘Think fast! Do something! Anything! Seize the moment!’ my subconscious yells. Truth is, although its always sad to lose something, I’m smiling on the inside knowing how much I’ve completed in a year and the things i have experienced. Things that some people could only dream to accomplished. Survived Ten months away from home, twas the longest, loneliest, and difficult time, yet it was the biggest achievement I believe I’ve done in the last 19 years. Studied my ass off with an above average score, I’ll be returning to Otago for the next three years as a second year pharmacy student. Hell to the yeah!! ;)
And even though there was so much I rather do without this year like the arguments I had with some were entirely nonsense and the mistakes that I’ve made were like purple-pink unicorn farting rainbows –aka ridiculous. Heh I guess it really does feel like ‘whatever doesn’t kill you, will make you stronger’. Those mistakes may have left the biggest dent in my ego, and it opened many doors to self-doubt in the near future. But I want those faults to leave a mark. It only means I’ve tried and failed and also a self-reminder that i'll never make the same blunder again. Making me more...invincible perhaps? (:
and with that, i guess i just wanna say..Happy new year guys~ A new year for hopes, opportunities and the best part, mistakes. (:
With love,
Sze
“I hope that in this year to come, you make mistakes.
Because if you are making mistakes, then you are making new things, trying new things, learning, living, pushing yourself, changing yourself, changing your world. You're doing things you've never done before, and more importantly, you're Doing Something.
So that's my wish for you, and all of us, and my wish for myself. Make New Mistakes. Make glorious, amazing mistakes. Make mistakes nobody's ever made before. Don't freeze, don't stop, don't worry that it isn't good enough, or it isn't perfect.
Whatever it is you're scared of doing, Do it.”
-Neil Gaiman (Author)
My 2012 year in 125 words:
Loved - Got rejected - Flew to New Zealand - Felt it was like a holiday - Parents left - Realise it's definitely not a holiday - Orientation week - Toga party - Met Priya and Gang - Arana Oscars Award Night - Turn down a nice guy - Awkward Period - Study for Finals - Asian Failed - Winter break - Swore to do better - Took up an extra subject - Took UMAT paper - Study…HARDER - Arana Ball - Married the Univerity’s library - Finish exams - Found a new flat for next year - Met Him - Love - Went to St Claire beach - Club a lot - Drink a lot - Flew back to Malaysia - EAT - Hate him - Satisfied with my finals result - Got into pharmacy and physiotherapy - Pulau Langkawi trip with friends - Shop - Shop some more - Christmas with family - TDC Christmas party - Shop - TDC bbq party.
No comments:
Post a Comment