Sunday, May 15

The James Bond moment

The James Bond moment- A period of time where you experience the adrenaline rush. Stress level rises and you show apart of you that you didn't realized it existed. The clock ticking away inside your head. The nerve wrecking part is that you know it's coming. And the intensity of the question is "will you make it?"

Back in form two where everything was conveniently easy and laid out before us, me and my friend Janie were in-charge of PA (Public Announcement) duty. It's where you turn on the PA system and hand the teacher the microphone. It was very big of a deal back then because that would mean you don't have to stand along with the hot crowd in the hot sun. However, as we all know with every good comes with a BUT. The big BUT of this nice deal is that you must skip part of your recess break in return for the setup. This was the time where Janie introduce the James Bond moment to me. It was thrilling. Exciting. We would intentionally hold back. Wait for the last second before recess ends and then SPRINT from the canteen to the office to get things prepared. Of course we succeed with no complaints from the teachers every time and so it never occurred to me to change.

Now...the Jame Bond moment doesn't happen once a week. No, it happened 4 times in one day. I was so shaky, the side of me that showed wasn't pretty. I basically snap when i'm on edge and I told someone I didn't care whether he was mad or not. It was rude and I'm sorry.

And of course! I hand in my perfectly completed assignment 5 minutes before my lecturer left the classroom and marked me absent. And yes! I miraculously manage to win my court case for ESL class. And smoothly wrote my bio practical report with no hesitation. But the time i spent cramming everything in was the worst period of my life. I would accidentally fall asleep and get up in the middle of the night to continue my work. Part of me feel like everything of me works better under pressure but boy i wish i could function with a less stressful motivation.

So here's to the James Bond moment. Whether it is jumping a ten story building with a damsel in distress in your arms or just trying to make a deadline. *cheers*

No comments: